Friday, May 7, 2010

Trying to REbrand herself?

Soooo while I was at work the other day, my coworker showed me a video of a super suggestive, low budget, frankly raunchy video. The first thing she said to me was "do you recognize the girl in this video" as I watched it, I knew I had seen the person dancing in the video looked familiar but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Take a look for yourself, listen to the lyrics and then come back and let me know if you recognized her at all.


So if you are still left wondering "who is that girl".... let me end your suffering!
It is Kiely Williams!!!! Yes kiely Williams of the Cheetah Girls!
If you are unfamiliar with the cheetah girls let me just say that they were a pretty popular group made popular and marketed by Disney. So that alone tells you that they were specifically geared toward children and young girls. Now Kiely Williams has decided to step out on her own and make "SPECTACULAR" which has been highly critized for seeming to promote date rape and blurring the lines between Cheetah girls and her knew found persona.
I personally do not think she is REbranding herself well at all. I have seen plenty of stars like Rhianna rebrand themselves successfully without becoming the polar opposite of what they once were. I understand she wants to do something different, but I also think that she has a responsibility to her fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment