Monday, May 10, 2010

Trying to shake the habit


Ever since I can remember, my grandma has told me "never start smoking" and then she would pick up a cigarette lol.
My grandmother has tried several times to stop smoking but has not been able to quit. I talked to her on the phone yesterday and she told me she had just stopped smoking for 35 days but didn't make it to the 36th day. She sounded so upset for herself for not sticking to it . I can not say I can relate because I have never smoked before, but I can only imagine how distressing it must be to want to stop doing something and not be able to. I really hope that my grandmother is able to quit. I know she can do it.... my mother quit and so did my aunt and I have faith that my grandmother can to, but it has to be hard to stop doing something that you have been doing for 40+ years.
You can do it grandma! I'm rooting for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment